Kids Club Staff for 2023/24
Wichita Collegiate School (WCS), a thriving Independent School located in Wichita, KS, is adding Kids Club Staff to our team. Our Kids Club Staff are responsible for providing a safe and engaging childcare environment for our students after school from 3:00-5:30pm Monday-Friday and full days when school is not in session.
Wichita Collegiate School is a coeducational, college preparatory, independent day school for students in Early Childhood 2-year-olds through Grade 12. Located in East Wichita on a 42-acre campus, Wichita Collegiate is home to just under 970 students in four divisions. These divisions are named Early Childhood, Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School.
Founded in 1963, Wichita Collegiate School has shaped our students into inquisitive thinkers and compassionate citizens prepared to impact the world positively. In keeping with our current and historic mission, Collegiate provides our students with a challenging and supportive academic environment alongside robust opportunities in the arts and athletics.
Wichita Collegiate School is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS), is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), and is a member of Independent School Management (ISM).
The Lower School at Collegiate is a place that values the whole child and supports the unique needs that students bring with them as they enhance our school community. It is expected that our Kids Club Staff place student wellness at the center of their work. Kids Club Staff at Collegiate value teamwork and are willing to fill a need wherever possible.
The primary responsibilities of a Kids Club Staff include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work in collaboration with the Kids Club Team to support the social development of young children through meaningful activities afterschool.
- Assist in the organization and distribution of a daily snack.
- Escort students to the designated pick-up area.
- Communicate and engage with parents.
- Maintain clean and orderly spaces.
- Supervise indoor and outdoor play and guide children to play safely.
- Contribute to the overall positive climate of the after school program.
Successful Kids Club Staff have an interest in working with young students and have some childcare experience.
Ideal candidates demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- A passion and commitment to creating a supportive, fun, and enriching classroom culture that reflects Wichita Collegiate School’s core values and teaching philosophy.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the classroom.
- High levels of accountability, expectations, and communication with all stakeholders.
Kids Club employees are all over campus and will need to be able to navigate campus grounds while maintaining order over students. The Kids Club team will be asked to lift up to 15 pounds on occasion and expected to work at the students' level as needed, this may include sitting on the floor, bending, or squatting.
Kids Club Hours are Monday through Friday from 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm and 7:30 am to 5:30 pm during school breaks and professional development days. Kids Club team members should be able to work at least 3 or more shifts per week and be willing to work multiple shifts during breaks.
Every one of us is different, together we are Spartans. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.